How fun that you are joining us during the online EMCup – Meet the Future networking event. We are looking forward to seeing you behind the screens. Please read carefully through this briefing to get acquainted with the programme and the Zoom environment that we will be using.
If you have any questions, we are happy to answer them.
See you on May 10th!
10.00 Welcome + kick-off
10.15 Meeting round 1
10.45 First top 3 team video
10.50 Keynote speaker
11.15 Second top 3 team video
11.20 Meeting round 2
11.50 Third top 3 team video
11.55 Meeting round 3
12.25 Regroup in Zoom aula for the vote of winner top 3 videos
12.30 Announcement of winner
12.40 End of online event
Each representative will have his/her own break-out room. This room will be named as follows: COMPANY NAME + FIRST NAME REPRESENTATIVE.
As a student, you are matched to one representative per meeting round. The schedule has been shared with you, please ensure you join the right breakout room at the right time.
We will also share an overview of the schedule per round during the event.
The Zoom environment will be accessible via the following link:
Meeting ID: 202 100 5010
For further information regarding Zoom, please see ‘How does Zoom work’ further into this briefing.
We are joined by a keynote speaker during the event. This will be Russ Lewell from Ecolab, the main sponsor of the event. He will talk about making yourself one in a million.
Top 3 team video’s
When you are not in a breakout session with the industry professionals, we are all together in the Zoom aula. Here we will share the top 3 team videos in between rounds. Please pay attention to these videos and if necessary take notes as you will be asked to cast a vote at the end of the event to choose a winner. Keep in mind the criteria that you received regarding the videos:
“Give advice on what your generation expects from a job in hospitality and what an employer should do to convince you to go work for them? How can companies be ensured to attract the best talents? How can they reach and approach you best?”
The winner will be announced shortly after the vote casting.
How to prepare?
- Use a laptop or pc with camera (no mobile phone)
- Install Zoom on your laptop or pc: https://zoom.us/ (see ‘How does Zoom work?’)
- Have a good and reliable internet connection (preferably cable instead of WiFi)
- Work in a room with no background noise
- Make sure you have no light coming from behind you, this will obstruct your visibility
- Use a headphone or earphones
- Make sure your background is as clear and simple as possible
- Use your actual first name and last name when logging in so we know who you are
- Please enable your video when you join the Zoom meeting
- Please mute yourself when you join the Zoom meeting
- When you have a question, please make use of the “raise hand” button and chat function
How does Zoom work?
Zoom can be visited with a browser, but we would prefer you download it.
Help & Support
If you encounter any issues with logging into the Zoom meeting or the break-out rooms, before or during the event, please contact John Welzen who will be available during the whole programme.
0031 (0)6 5081 1060
The EMCup organisation will also be available for you if needed, on the following phone numbers:
Céline van den Boorn – 0031 (0)6 21 69 66 02
Stephanie Cleven – 0031 (0)6 133 783 60