To participate in the EMCup, the following criteria have to be met:
- The school educates students for a Bachelor degree in Hospitality and/or Hotel Management
- A school can participate with maximum one team, consisting of minimum 4 and maximum 5 students and 1 or 2 coaches
- Students are not allowed to participate in the competition more than once
The competition consists of several assignments, some of them are pre-assignments which have to be completed prior to the competition days and others will be assessed during the competition days itself.
All formal assignments are assessed by the Business Jury which are professionals of the hospitality industry. In the overview you will see the procedure of judging throughout the whole competition.
To provide a high quality programme, a maximum of 36 schools can participate in the EMCup. Admission takes place on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.
For each participant in the EMCup we ask for a participation fee of € 250,- excluding VAT, which includes the following:
- Two overnight stays in a hotel, including breakfast, on Sunday February 4th and Monday February 5th 2024. The students will be sharing double or triple rooms. One room per coach is offered.
- Transport during the official EMCup programme.
- Food & Beverage during the official EMCup programme.
Transport to and from Maastricht has to be organised and paid by the participating team. Pre- and post-nights are not included, but the reservations for these additional nights will be taken care of by the EMCup organisation.